MatchMySchool is a website designed for language teachers (and other teachers) who want to find classes and schools to work with in other countries than their own.
Any teacher, educator, school administrator, librarian etc. who wants to match a school, a class or just a group of students with a similar group in another country.
To use MatchMySchool you must have a legitimate interest with a school or educational establishment (we need to check this as part of the registration process).
MatchMySchool is a not-for-profit venture.
The aim is to help teachers connect and help students across different countries build their language proficiency, their experience, their confidence and their curiosity in other cultures and countries.
MatchMySchool tries to be as simple as possible to use.
- First your register (you tell us who you are, which school you are from, who you teach and what projects you want to find for your students)
- Next we check and activate your account.
- You now have full access to the platform. You can search for other teachers (by country, by class ages, by language proficiency, by interests etc)
- Once you find other teachers and classes that look like a match, you can message them and start the magic happening
- From here you can organise your projects (penpals, joint lessons, exchanges whatever you decide – that bit is up to you)
We take the safety and security of all users on the platform very seriously. (This is why it takes a bit of time between initial registration and getting access to the platform).
To ensure your online safety:
- We validate every user email
- We check back with their school too
- We never, ever share your personal data with any 3rd party
- We comply fully with all GDPR requirements
- We have a malware detection and early warning system on our site.
- We run checks daily.
- The malware database is constantly updated, enabling us to detect even the latest threats.
- Our server hosts provide a team of dedicated security experts keeping track of daily software vulnerabilities on a server and website level.
- We run regular “pen tests” to check the security of the site.